The IST 2020 organizing committee is inviting applications for a limited number of grants (free conference participation) for selected presenters and co-authors from the Global South. This call is open to presenters and co-authors with limited funding possibilities. Applicants need to (i) be affiliated with an academic institution / organization in the Global South or (ii) be a university student working on a master’s or Ph.D. originating from a country in the Global South. Please note that the application needs to be granted by the organizing committee prior to registering for the conference, as conference fees that have already been paid cannot be refunded in this case. Registration of accepted Global South Scholarships needs to be done with a corresponding voucher code.
Please send the following information to email@example.com with the subject line “IST 2020 Global South Scholarship” by 30th June 2020. Please provide:
- Candidate’s full name and country of origin
- Institutional affiliation
- Career stage (e.g., PhD student)
- The title, abstract, and ID-number of the accepted submission
- A brief justification for applying (250 words maximum) explaining why funds are being requested
- Short CV
- Copy/photo of identity-card or passport
- The candidate is presenting a submission at IST 2020 or is co-author of an accepted contribution.
- The candidate is affiliated with an academic institution / organization in the Global South or is a university student working on a master’s or Ph.D. originating from the Global South
- The candidate has provided all of the information requested
- Abstract – assessed according to merit and quality
- Brief Justification – clear explanation regarding why funds are being requested
- Career stage – preference will be given to students